Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Cake!



I've had lots of comments and emails about the blueberry cardamom birthday cake/pie I made...so there it is (above.) It was truly heavenly! So incredibly good. I may make another one very soon...I just bought more cashews at the coop yesterday.

I decorated it with bananas, goji berries, frozen blueberries and a strawberry. Four candles for forty years old!

Below is a slice of the pie:



I did adjust the recipe a bit: instead of using macadamias in the filling I used soaked cashews, I used frozen blueberries instead of fresh, and instead of almond milk I made some pecan milk to use. I also used maple syrup (not raw) instead of agave. (The link to the original recipe is in my last post.)

For the crust I used pecans, more dates than they said (I used about 8, they said 4), and I added some vanilla and a touch of salt.

Much love,
~ Melissa

Please sign up for our monthly newsletter! We have raw recipes, information about Acupuncture and Chinese medicine, and overall wellness information. Thank you!

www.BirchCenter.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!! Melissa, that looks fabulous! After the 100 day challenge, I'm thinking I'd like to make and try it, too!

I'm looking forward to seeing you on Friday!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Happy Birthday!!!! That cake looks amazing. Blueberries are my favorite.
Hope you had a grand day.
XO
Pixy Lisa

Michelle Spohn said...

Wow Melissa, that cake/pie is a work of art - truly beautiful! And happy belated birthday! take care, Michelle