Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What's going on

My posting has been sporadic. I've gained 4 pounds since stopping my juice feast about 1 1/2 months ago. I've been totally enjoying GREEN smoothies, sometimes drinking close to a gallon a day, but that is on top of regular eating (raw and not so raw.) Today I had a totally raw day with 1/2 gallon green smoothie. The other exciting news: We ate two fresh peaches off our very own peach tree!

Recently I read: what is the one thing which you need to get rid of, and when you do would totally change your life for the better? Or maybe it was phrased: you know you have to get rid of this one thing to be living closer to where you want to be. What is that one thing? (and get rid of it now!)

For me, it is the computer. I am just so much more present and engaged in life without it. And I am addicted to it/drawn to it when it's on. Our computer is slow and old, so it takes forever to load things and surf around. It can suck so much time.

I will be turning it off. However, I do use the computer in my business, so at least (or at most?) once a week I will be on: checking and responding to emails, updating blogs (this on and our Birch Center one), working on newsletter and business handouts, and checking in at Raw Fu.

What is Raw Fu? It's a website created by Bunny Berry, and starting August 1 she will be leading a 100 day raw food challenge. I'm taking it. See you soon!

xoxo
~ Melissa

Please sign up for our monthly newsletter! We have raw recipes, information about Acupuncture and Chinese medicine, and overall wellness information. Thank you!

www.BirchCenter.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear what you end up doing with your reclaimed computer time!

I'm happy for you! I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. I've often contemplated it, but I use my online time mostly for fun, so I don't want to give it up right now. ;-)

Congratulations on your first peach!! I'm looking forward to seeing them on your tree before they are all picked and eaten!

Lots and lots of love to you, Melissa!

Wendi
XOXOXOX

Kristen's Raw said...

Peaches off your own peach tree! Heavenly :)

Cheers for Green Smoothies :)