Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Day 32 - fruit juices yum, veggie...not so great

May 27, 2008

Cacao Tree at Phipps (surrounded by some kind of brilliant ferns)


Today I haven't been overly excited about my juices. Well, that's not entirely true...the fruit juices have been out of this world!

Juices:

  • 1 quart: pineapple, orange, strawberry, carrot and mint
  • 1 quart: borscht - cabbage (I'm not a big cabbage juice fan, as it turns out. I'm planning to make raw sauerkraut out of the rest - for after my feast), beet, ginger, garlic, scallions, celery, parsley, greens, apple, hemp oil
  • 1 quart watermelon juice
  • 1 quart celery, cuke, apples, cilantro and greens, hemp oil
  • juice of three oranges with water, chlorophyll and bee pollen

I'm still waiting for my coconut oil! I really thought it would arrive today. And - you'll notice - no longer are avocados gracing my menus.

Edit: It's here! I'm eating it now with honey and spirulina. It's so good! Hooray!

It is not good when you notice while making juice that the juicer is smoking! I turned it off and opened it up - my pulp was burning hot! The engine was so heated up by the fiber on the celery and all the greens. So, I assume most of my juice was raw, but some of it certainly was heated above 105 degrees, sadly. Tomorrow Dave will pick up those jelly bags when E and I are at yoga and hopefully they'll work out. Oh, I can also sew the hole of the nut mylk bag closed. Then I can use the blender and squeeze method again for celery and greens. That worked quite nicely.

Here are some more picture of my day at Phipps (where we go so often that the cafe workers come up and ask me what juice I have today!)

close up of the cacao pods growing on the tree - they look like delicata squash:


there is a chocolate exhibit going on now (at Phipps):

Monsieur Mousse is a lucky fellow...imagining, of course, those are all raw ingredients: ;-)



And from the butterfly room:


Side note:

Maggie (our dog) is totally grooving on her new diet! She loves it, we love it, it's awesome. While not all raw, she is now vegetarian and she loves her meals. Tonight I made some white bean/mung bean pancakes for E and D. I left out the onions (substituting garlic, which is supposed to be ok) and so I was able to give her some of those. Also: lentils and rice mixed with chopped raw bean sprouts, yogurt and olive oil. In her earlier meal she had other supplements: nutritional yeast, kelp and egg shell for calcium.

2 comments:

Penni said...

I am with you on the fruit juices being so yummy but the green veggie juice not so much. I know my body NEEDS the greens, but I'm just tired and basically blah over them at this stage of my feast. I am so happy your coconut oil arrived!! Enjoy!

Penni

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the pancakes sound yummy. I shouldn't have been reading raw blogs when I didn't eat a big dinner. :-P

I'm so happy Maggie is doing well and loving the veggies!!! Yay for Maggie!!!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO
www.purejeevan.com/blog