Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 33


May 28, 2008

this is a beautiful salad I had made once for Molly, before I blended it for her to eat

Today is a rough day in that all I want to do is eat. And not just fresh beautiful salads...potato salad, the bean burgers my family is eating with melted cheese on bread.... It's 6:30 and I feel too tired to go for a run (but maybe I'll go take a walk). My energy has actually been quite low. I go to bed early and don't feel much like getting out of bed in the mornings. And my juices don't seem fantastic to me anymore.

Juices:

  • 1 qt pineapple, carrot, strawberry, orange, mint (OK, this one was quite good, but now we're out of pineapple. If we had more I'd have drank only that all day.)
  • 1 qt beet, carrot, celery, apple, greens, ginger, garlic
  • 2 qts watermelon, lime, ginger, apples, greens, chlorophyll
  • water of 1/2 young coconut (shared with Ella) and also ate about half the very young pudding-like flesh (shared with Ella again)
  • Tbsp coconut oil with honey
  • red roobios chai with honey

Though "bigger picture" motivation usually doesn't work for me, today I did think about "the big why" (as Karen Knowler says) ...about my past miscarriages and ill-health and my desire to have another child, that kept me from eating all sorts of things.

2 comments:

Penni said...

I totally had days like you're having. You are doing your body such good by giving it a break from solid foods, but if you keep feeling this way, it may be your body telling you that this is enough, for now. You will know. My body is telling me loud and clear that the "juice festival" is over. I guess it's my pride that is making me go three more days. I am going to finish this since I've come this far. You've done such an amazing job for the last 33 days....big props to you, my friend!!

Anonymous said...

I think it really IS so important to know why we want to change our diets. You are doing so great, Melissa.

I love you!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO
www.purejeevan.com/blog