Monday, November 10, 2014

Day 40!!!

June 4, 2008

Wow, day 40. Today has been such a better day.

Last night was pretty bad: I must have been having some kind of blood sugar reaction, which I've never had before going on this juice feast. I think for me having too much fruit juice (the lack of fiber in everything, the sugar just makes my blood sugar sky rocket and then drop) throws me way off. Also, the honey in the lemonade I had last night seemed not to do me good. I should have done that blood sugar monitor thing before starting. Anyway, last night I was very woozy and light-headed, even as I lay in bed focusing on my breathing. I drank some really strong nettle tea and some water with chlorophyll, which helped but did not totally alleviate. I felt better by this morning.

Today I had mostly green veggie juice. I juiced my entire bunch of celery, plus a huge bag of greens from the garden (but was it 2 lbs? I don't know,) and parsley with tomato, ginger, garlic, onion, pepper, cucumber and one green apple, which made 3 quarts of juice (almost.)

I had two quarts of this (with hemp oil added) before having one quart of watermelon juice for lunch, and the rest of the day finished up the green juice. Wow, so much better!

I also had some coconut oil with honey and spirulina.

Twice I almost had an avocado or the rest of my green salad from yesterday, but a voice in my head said, "No, let the cleansing continue," ...or something like that, and I was able to walk away.

I read Penni's blog entry for her day forty (way back in April), and I really like what she had to say about the significance of the number forty. Interesting.

4 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Glad you are having a better day today. Day 40 is awesome! Keep on strokin'!
XO
Pixy Lisa

Penni said...

Congratulations on reaching day 40! I think it's such a significant achievement. I don't know how long you are planning to juice feast but I wish you continued success as you move forward. I am convinced that juicing will always be a way of life for me.

xo....Penni

RawBin said...

40-Wow! You know, I read Penni's day 40 when first posted, and looking at it again today, it seems like it was just a few days ago! Heh, I know it must have been longer, because she's all done. I'm currently on day 5, and so seeing you're at 40, this part of our new lives will pass quickly for us all, I think.

Anonymous said...

How quickly time has gone by (from my side of watching your juicing journey, that is). Maybe it seems a lot longer to you! ;-)

You are doing so great, Melissa!! How awesome that you heard an inner voice telling you to let the cleansing continue! That's GREAT!!

I have the sugar problem from time to time--yesterday was a bad day with fruit sugars for me and I was irritable beyond irritable. According to Doug Graham, it's the fats in our blood that cause the sugar problems, not the actual sugar. I'm not completely convinced of that, yet. I haven't been clear of fat long enough to find out, though. :-P

Congratulations on Day 40!!

Lots and lots of love to you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

www.purejeevan.com/blog