Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 29: Water Fasting


May 24, 2008

my water, next to chive flowers and dandelion

Yesterday evening I sat down with the book Fasting and Eating for Health by Joel Fuhrman, MD(mentioned in David and Katrina's Day 71 video.)

Here is a quote from page 58:

"It is not aging that makes us sick; it is the stresses we place on ourselves that continue their insidious work over the years and eventually cause damage to the body."

After reading through some of the book, I was motivated to do a water fast today! Tomorrow I'll go back to juicing. One day of just water is sufficient for me for now. I'm quite hungry right now...but it's 5 pm and I made it through the day relatively easily (though I did drink a lot of water! Over a gallon, but I didn't keep track so I'm not sure how much exactly.)

I jogged slowly for 20 minutes today, and soaked up as much sun as I could. I have really missed the sun, and have been so cold lately (I'm usually a "hot" sort of person.)

But right now I'm inside, winding down, and it'll probably be an early evening so I can wake up bright and early tomorrow and have some juice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa! You look fantastic! What a difference! Keep up the good work. Hope to see you again soon!

~Anna

Anonymous said...

You are so brave to do a water fast in the middle of your juice feasting!! To some people, they may have gotten so hungry and used it as an excuse to eat. But, you went right back to the juicing!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO
www.purejeevan.com/blog