Friday, November 7, 2014

Moving into eating again

June 7, 2008

Today I drank 3 quarts of juice, and ate some delicious raw food. It feels so nice to be eating again. However, last night after eating the cooked food I developed a symptom: a feeling of bloating, bearing down and slight pain (not really pain, just sensation of an area I usually can't feel), of my reproductive organs: mostly on the left but now it's both sides, around my ovaries. I did go for a very light walk/jog this morning which did not exacerbate the symptoms, but they have not gone away. I also did an enema this morning which I'm sure was good but didn't alleviate. I'm hoping that as I stay on raw food and juice it will go away, but if not I wonder if it indicates I really need to continue juicing (especially since the main reason was to heal my reproductive organs!)

I think (know) that the non-vegan cooked foods last night - though not a large amount - was just too hard on my system and not the best thing to do. I think that a raw food diet in and of itself is very healing, so we'll see. I'll revisit this mid-week, (when my parents leave), and see if it may be better to go back to only juicing. Though I'm sure I will juice feast again, I am hoping that the raw diet and juice will help me since I am really loving eating.

Also: thanks again to everyone with your words of support! It really means so much to me that you are following along this juice journey, and that you take the time to read and comment and email. Your support is so incredibly helpful!

Today's juices:

  • 2 1/2 quarts beet, carrot, apple + the green juice from yesterday
  • 1/2 quart orange juice with chlorophyll and bee pollen

And I ate:

  • a couple pieces of flax/seed bread (Ani Phyo's bread recipe), split up throughout the day
  • beautiful salad with greens and peas from the garden and tomato, celery, yellow pepper and cucumber with orange miso dressing (orange, unpasteurized white miso, olive oil, water, garlic and ginger blended.)
  • flax cracker
  • couple of dried sweet potato chips...after 17 hours of dehydrating they were still not crunchy! Just chewy, like dried mangoes. Do they just not ever get crunchy?
  • slices of tomato and 1/8 avocado with dulse
  • a prune and a date
  • strawberries

I know the seeds are a bit hard on the system, too. I didn't eat all the seed bread at one time...I cut some into little pieces for crutons on my salad, had a 1/2 slice with the tomato and avo on top.

Other than the symptom I mentioned above (which is significant to me), I feel great, though, and very happy to be eating.

No comments: