Saturday, November 29, 2014

Day 23 - I need a blue sky holiday...

May 19, 2008

Where is the moment we needed the most
You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
They tell me your blue skies fade to gray
They tell me your passion's gone away
And I don't need no carryin' on

...Daniel Powter, Bad Day

I did juice today, but what made the day so BAD was that in Trader Joe's, I saw the doctor who was responsible for Molly's "care" (read: death). I always wondered what I'd do if I saw him...all I managed was to leave the store and retreat to a nearby yarn store and wait for Dave and Ella to finish shopping (and cry and cry.) To top it off: he has the reputation of being THE BEST doctor in all of Children's Hospital. Yes, the best they offer is a doctor who would not listen to us, over medicate to the hilt (until she was unconscious, therefore "more comfortable" in their view,) and not feed her for a week, then insist she's too thin (duh!) and needs G-tube surgery. This is why we all need to stay as healthy as possible and keep away from the doctors! And the sad thing is - I knew that - but I was at a point where I thought I needed some help figuring out what was wrong/why she was so uncomfortable, and I walked right into the lion's den.

Ok, enough of that. Later that day I asked Dave to take my week 3 picture, and that did not go too well, either. When I related the story to my friend Wendi of www.purejeevan.com, she told me to post the pics (and story) anyway, so here it is:

So first, I ask him to take my picture so I can put it up. He stays sitting on the couch and when he takes the picture it's at an "up" angle, and I look like a giant:



So I ask him to please stand up so he can take a level picture, but instead of standing up he just holds the camera above his head and clicks, but of course his hand moves and it turns out fuzzy and out of focus:



And finally, by the time he gets up I am so annoyed it's impossible to smile for a nice picture:



But anyway, you can still contrast it to my "before" picture (just 23 days before):



My juices today:

  • orange juice with bee pollen and chlorophyll
  • quart of gvj from yesterday
  • quart watermelon juice
  • quart delicious: tomato, cuke, celery, carrot, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, spinach, sunflower sprouts, cilantro
  • I also had my MSM, hemp oil, coconut oil with spirulina and honey, and avocado, which must totally be a crutch because after seeing that doctor all I wanted to do was EAT, so I settled with the avocado....

7 comments:

Bunny Berry said...

Melissa, CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 week success. You look amazing, and are so inspiring to those of us who are white knuckling right now! :)

Much love to you, dear.

Anonymous said...

*HUGE HUGS* to you, Melissa. I know that must have been so difficult seeing that doctor. *HUGS*

I hope you know deep inside that you were the best mother Molly ever could have had. You did what you thought you needed to do at that time, out of love and concern for Molly. I would have made the same choices, I think, given the same exact circumstances. *HUGS*

How were your feelings toward food after the stress of seeing that doctor? I'm asking because I'm wondering if the stress made you have any food cravings to numb the painful emotions.

I hope others find the pictures and descriptions as funny as I did when you were telling me about it! LOL

You are looking even more beautiful on the juice feast, Melissa!! I still can't believe you've been juicing this long--it seems like half the amount of time!

Lots of love to you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

www.purejeevan.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa congrats on week 3 of the juice feast, the difference in the pictures are truly significant and I also wanted you to know that too have always instinctively distrusted doctors. I get my teeth cleaned, I have a well woman check and a mammogram every year but that's it. You were very strong and brave in the way you dealt with seeing a person who caused you pain, I admire you so :)
love and light xo Dea

Michelle Spohn said...

Dear Melissa,
Wow, what an experience to endure. I can't imagine how horrible that had to be. It is so brave of you to share your experience. But - what do you think it means in the grand scheme of things that you happened to be there at Trader Joes at the same moment in time...it seems very cosmic to me. (yes, painful beyond imagination - but I am still struck by your paths crossing) Western/Conventional medicine is so scary to me that way - there is such little understanding of health. You are a strong person. I hope our comments help you draw strength from the juice feast. And as far as your photos and the commentary - hilarious! The differnece is amazing.
PS: you have inspired me to do my juicing almost on a daily basis now! Michelle

Melissa Sokulski said...

Thanks so much to everyone for your comments.
Michelle - yes, today I was walking along and it occurred to me that there was something about seeing him there...there are no coincidences...haven't totally come to terms with it and I know I can't figure it out with my mind, just going to have to open my heart...and the word "forgive" keeps coming up and I think it's not so much about forgiving him or medicine, but more about forgiving myself, which I haven't been able to do yet.

Melissa Sokulski said...

Oh, Michelle -
How awesome about your daily juicing! That is so great. I'd love to hear more!
~ Melissa

Raw Mom - Raw Love said...

Wow! You are looking amazing! So much younger than when you began your JF, just 3 weeks ago.
Very inspiring. Keep up the wonderful work.

Raw Love
Melissa