Thursday, November 6, 2014

Moody mood ring, or miracle?

June 8, 2008

I had a nice day today: starting with an outdoor yoga class up on Grandview Park (Mt. Washington) overlooking Pittsburgh, through Breathe Yoga Studio. Before class I had 1/2 qt orange juice with bee pollen and chlorophyll.

I felt a very spiritual connection at yoga today. Most (all?) the instructors at Breathe have you silently sent an intention or dedication at the beginning of class and then check back in with that at the end, and today was just very moving/spiritual/connected for me in that way.

After class E D and I were walking around and E gave me her little ring to hold: a heart shaped white stone. When I gave it back to her I noticed it had turned this most beautiful shade of rosy/pinkish/red. I hadn't realized it was a mood ring (we'd only ever seen it white) so I explained to her what a mood ring was. But the whole rest of the day, no matter who held or wore the ring or for how long, it stayed white! Is it a mood ring? Did some kind of plastic kid's ring miracle occur? We heated the ring up, cooled it against ice, wore it, held it, etc, and it did not change. Hmmmmm....

Getting home I made beet, carrot, apple, ginger, garlic, cucumber, celery and greens (from the garden) juice...about 2 quarts. I only drank a quart of it today, though, which is less juice that I'd have liked.

I marinated a portabello mushroom (in olive oil, tamari and garlic) and had some of that with my delicious salad, ate an apple, some flax crackers and some of the flax/seed bread with avo, tomato and cuke on top. I also ate some of a raw cacao bar that my friend Wendi had given me because Ella was just so anxious for me to open it. She actually ate most of it. It had blue-green algae, cacao and maca in it and was quite good. There's a bit still left in the freezer.

Then we went to dinner with my parents and I had a lovely salad: mixed greens, raw corn, avocado, grape tomatoes. Simple but lovely. I had the cilantro lime dressing on the side, but the vinegar was too strong for me so I topped it with some of the orange miso dressing that I had made and brought with me.

Symptoms today: Constipation! I did another enema last night which was helpful, but I am back being bloated and painfully unable to go. I soaked some prunes and had them with me today, but didn't have the opportunity to eat them. Now it's late and I'm not hungry so they are soaking in the fridge until morning.

1 comment:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

That's cool about the ring.
Sorry your all stopped up. I hate that feeling.
XO
Pixy Lisa