Thursday, November 27, 2014

Day 25!!!

May 20, 2008

Today, since my sprout bag sprung a leak, I dug out my Champion Juicer. It worked pretty well! I had to cut up the fruits and veggies much thinner than I was used to (I could just throw big chunks into the blender and the Jack Lelanne's opening was big enough for whole apples!) Also, the motor got very hot with all the juices I made; I had to stop and rest it a few times, and also take some pulp out from over the screen a couple times. But, all in all, it seemed to work well. It did well juicing the spinach, parsley and cilantro, which was my main concern. The Lelanne does not do greens well at all: just spits them out the back. I did run the pulp back through the Champion at the end to get some more juice out of it.

Today I had:

  • 1 qt watermelon juice (juiced with skin and all - organic) with 1 Tbsp cholorphyll
  • 3 quarts GVJ: tomatoes, cuke, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, ginger, yellow pepper, spinach, parsley, cilantro, lemon (drank throughout day...am drinking the last of it right now)
  • 1 qt apple, strawberry, celery, spinach
  • 1/2 quart orange, carrot, ginger, spinach, strawberry with 1/2 quart water and bee pollen
  • Also: coconut oil with honey and spirulina, spirulina and hemp oil in GVJ, avo

Rebounded a bit today to stay warm, didn't go out with D and E to walk dog - too cold. Though I wish I had gotten a walk in. I took a hot bath today and when I got out was light headed and shaky. Juice helped, but I do notice shakiness that I never had before when I'm hungry, which I hope does not continue throughout feast (and I hope I'm not throwing my blood sugar/body off in any way.) It was way worse at beginning. Still had the pain under left rib. Other than that...wow...25 days!

2 comments:

Michelle Spohn said...

Congrats on Day 25 - that is so awesome. I gave up on greens in the Jack Ll also - but I have been able to get baby bok choy to go through pretty well. I also have been loving a few asparagus spears mixed with fruits. How would I do greens if I dont have the Champion?
Enjoy the sun coming our way (I think) Michelle

Melissa Sokulski said...

Hi Michelle,
I am really looking forward to the sun!
I was juicing my greens in the blender with a bit of water...sometimes also veggies like tomatoes, garlic, onion, pepper. Then I'd pour the mixture through my sprout bag, and squeeze it through. My sprout bag has ripped at the seem, however.
My husband found a jelly/jam straining bag at the kitchen store in the Strip, but I didn't see it. He didn't get it because he thought the holes might be too big, so I don't know for sure. But they were only $3.99 for two (reusable) bags. Maybe it will work.
I got my sprout bag as a gift...but you can get online from some of the raw stores...I'll put a link on the side of my blog.