I had a much better day today! What I love about this whole juicing experience is the EASE of it all. I either use our juicer, which I then rinse out immediately, or I use the blender, gigantic measuring cup and nutmilk bag. Everything just rinses right out. I also use a colander to wash the greens and produce, a cutting board and knife. I use 2 one-quart jars (one to put my juice in, one to store extra in fridge), and that is basically it. It's just so simple.
Today I also thinned and weeded the garden - and I collected all the microgreens and edible weeds as I went along, and had a HUGE bagful when I was done. (Dave and Ella helped, too.)
My juices today:
- 1 tsp MSM and lemon in 1/2 qt water
- 1 qt: pesto juice! : tomato, basil, garlic, spinach, salt, hemp oil, kelp, water
- 1 qt: pineapple, orange, strawberries, and tons and tons of microgreens!
- 1 1/2 cups blended watermelon
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil with a drizzle of raw honey and some spirulina mixed in - like a decadent dessert!!
- 1 1/2 qts: tomato, carrot, celery, cuke, orange pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, arugula and more microgreens, salt, lemon and lime.
- 1 cup orange juice (4 squeezed oranges) + 1 cup water
- 1/2 qt leftover yam, apple, carrot, beet (from a couple days ago...but it still tasted good. I added a cup or so of water.)
I also did 1/2 hour of yoga, with pandora set onto Enya station - delightful.
And I went overboard on the rebounder...10 minutes, then 2 minutes, then 10 minutes more after yoga, which was a mistake. BUT, I can tell I am craving more exercise, and need to get out walking or even jogging again. I'd love to run in the Greenfield Glide 5K on June 1!