Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 11 - Butterflies

May 6, 2008

I woke at 5 am today shaky and hungry. I knew I should have made a green veggie juice last night, but I went for what was already made: the sugary yam/apple/carrot/beet. I guess it threw my blood sugar off. I had a Tbsp of cholorphyll in 1/2 water, but it didn't help too much, though I was able to fall back to sleep eventually.

Today's juices:

  • 3 qt: tomato, cucumber, celery, carrot, pepper, lemon, lime, onion, garlic, thyme, arugula, spinach, cilanto with hemp oil, kelp and spirulina
  • 1 qt: strawberries, orange, apple, spinach
  • just under a qt: grapefruit, orange, lime, cilantro and 3 types of mint from garden with honey and 1 Tbsp bee pollen
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil with honey and spirulina (after the first Tbsp, was so good I had to make more)

We're out of tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, limes and onions!

I ran a bit today. Maybe not even a mile, but I was out there. I also had the 1/2 hour walk back, and the walk around Phipps Conservatory...the butterflies were incredible there today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a sugar problem. I hope Dave gets all kinds of veggies for you, today!!

I need to get lemons and parsley--I can't believe I forgot both of them when I was at the co-op this weekend. UGH Now I have to make a special trip just for those two things. UGH

How's your garden doing?!!!!

Lots of love to you!

Wendi
XOXOXO

Penni said...

Stopping in to check on you. I have to be careful of getting too much sugar too.

Can you believe how much produce we juice fester plow through? This has to be the healthiest I've ever been in my life! You're getting close to two weeks now. WooHoo!!

xoxo...
Penni