Thursday, December 4, 2014

Days 18 and 19

May 14, 2008

Life gave me a kick in the pants yesterday, but by this morning I was able to look at the little glitch as a blessing and hopefully will move on gracefully. Just a little business glitch...the family is A-OK, thank goodness.

But the stress of yesterday really took it out of me. I tried to be present yesterday - even listened to some of Eckhart's webcast with Oprah to help me stay focused, but today I found myself out of breath at the littlest things (going upstairs, etc.)

BUT: I did have a marvelous and wonderful massage this morning - just what I needed! I noticed a big difference since being on this juice feast, too. Usually, as good as massages feel (I love massage, being a massage therapist myself), getting up off the table is painful: my lower back has usually seizes up and I'm stiff. But today, I only had a twinge of lower back pain (right side) at the end, and everything felt looser during and after the massage. Yay!

Yesterday I had only about 4 quarts of juice...which is the recommended amount, but I usually have more. I had the usual:

* juice of three oranges with water, chlorophyll and bee pollen

* strawberry, apple, mints, spinach, sprouts with 1 Tbsp chlorophyll - 1 quart

* watermelon with chlorophyll - 1 quart

* Green Veggie Juice (GVJ) with the usual suspects: carrots, cuke, celery, pepper, onion, tomato, garlic, spinach, cilantro, lime, lemon, sprouts, green apple - 2 quarts.

Today I made same as above, except the GVJ had orange beets and arugula as well, and so made 3 quarts.

So far I only drank the oj, apple/strawberry/mint/etc, 2 quarts of GVJ and some watermelon juice.

BUT, I made the most amazing soup (juice eaten with a spoon from a bowl) for dinner! Dave made lentil soup which smelled sooo very good, so I had to create something besides my usual.

Here is the recipe:

Juice:

* About 4 inches of the top of a butternut squash (mine was about 2" diameter)
* 1 tomato with a garlic clove pushed in (to get the garlic to through the juicer better)
* ginger
* 2 celery stalks
* 1/4 yellow pepper

To the bowl of delicious orange soup I added a squeeze of lemon and some hemp oil (optional). It was simply divine.

I wish I had taken a picture of this beautiful creation before gobbling (slurping) it up. Maybe I'll make it again tomorrow.

For eaters: some chopped tomato and basil in the soup would be amazing, I think.

The strawberries, watermelon and sprouts are gone (though I have sunflower sprouts starting in the old FreshLife Sprouter.

But a pineapple awaits, and Penni's mint julep recipe may be just the thing for tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa! I didn't know you were juice feasting?!! That's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Oh, and don't forget to come in for your facial! (I owe you!)

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter Molly. She had such a wonderful mother and family.

~Anna :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

I'm so glad things worked out and your stress is gone, now. *HUGS*

Aren't you proud of yourself that you were faced with stress and you continued with your juice feasting?!! You are doing so great!!

Lots and lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

www.purejeevan.com/blog

Melissa Sokulski said...

Funny you should say that, Wendi, because I DID really feel like eating, but I did stick with it!

Thanks for the hugs.

xoxo

Melissa Sokulski said...

Hi Anna! Thanks for your comments. I would love to get a facial - thank you! I'll talk to you soon I hope!
Melissa