Baby lambs quarters in my juice!
Well, today was a little blip in the journey.
I totally panicked about the constipation thing, I realize now. I had a headache a few days ago, and I didn't think twice about it. But constipation....wow! Interesting....
So, I did do some things today to get fiber...had a couple smoothies without straining them, and I did (gasp) eat some soaked prunes. But I stuck with juices for the most part and I think I will forge ahead with this now not-so-perfect juice feast.
Today I had:
- water with lemon and MSM
- 1 qt smoothie: orange, banana, water with 1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyll
- 1 qt juice: tomato, microgreens from thinning garden (with itty bitty lamb's quarters!! Yeah!), celery, cucumber, cilantro, lime, fermented veggies, hemp oil, orange pepper, garlic, onion, water mixed with yesterday's leftover green juice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil drizzled with raw honey
- Raspberry tea
- 6 soaked prunes and drank the soak water, too
- ate a few pea sprouts and arugula microgreen from garden
- 1/2 qt smoothie: juice from a couple oranges, strawberries, apples, soaked prunes and soak water, baby lettuce
- wheatgrass in 1/2 qt water
- juice of 2 oranges with 2 tsp bee pollen
I read more about enemas in a book called "Prescription for Herbal Healing" by Phyllis Balch. I liked her explanation of how, and also she recommended putting lemon juice in the water.
Ok...going to try to not focus on the constipation. Just do what I need to do (enemas, movement/exercise) and move on.
Speaking of exercise, we dusted off our rebounder and I did 10 minutes today, in small segments (2 minutes, 3 min, 2 min, 1.5 minutes, 1.5 minutes). Ella and I took turns on it, and I stretched a bit while she jumped. I took a tiny walk, too.