I made it again - the delicious butternut squash soup (above.) By soup, of course I mean juice poured into a bowl and eaten with a spoon.
I posted the recipe yesterday, but it was so easy: juiced butternut squash, tomato, garlic, ginger, yellow bell pepper, celery with some lemon squeezed on top.
The rest of today's juice was loaded with greens...greens from the garden! Some kale, spinach, chard, and arugula, but more than that: lots of lamb's quarters and plantain leaves and other "weeds" that I now harvest for health! (When I weed and thin the garden now, I do it with a big bowl next to me.)
Sad news about the garden: we went to plant our 50 strawberry plants and when we opened the package they were all moldy :-( Luckily, when we called Miller's Nursery they agreed to replace them, because they are supposed to be OK for two weeks after shipping, and they just sent it out two weeks ago (phew.)
So we did our three sisters planting: squash, corn and beans. And we did it Anastasia-style: giving the seed information about us by putting it under our tongue and holding it in our hands up to the sun first. That way, the plants are supposed to learn about us and our health needs, and they will produce the fruits and vegetables in a way which helps us! (All that information is in the first Anastasia book, by Vladimir Megre.)
The rest of the juices for today were:
- 1 quart: pineapple and mints from the garden (spearmint, apple mint, peppermint, lemon balm)
- 1 quart: Green Veggie Juice (leftover from yesterday) with hemp oil
- about a quart of watermelon juice leftover from yesterday
- about 1 quart of the soup (above)
- and I still have 2 quarts of today's GVJ made that I didn't drink yet. It had the usual: celery, carrots, cucumber, yellow pepper, onion, garlic, lemon, lime, green apple, orange beets and greens greens greens! (I'm tasting it now, and I really notice the lack of cilantro. It's much better with cilantro and tomato.)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil with spirulina and honey
I'll probably drink at least a quart of that green veggie juice, and maybe also have a little orange juice with bee pollen before the day is through.