Sunday, December 21, 2014

Day 1: letting go of definitions

April 26, 2008

* In Dec, 2014, I went back and manipulated the dates so that my juice feast could be read in order from start to finish. However, I added the original date to the start of each post. 

Here we go!

1 Qt: smoothie (after this I don't use frozen fruit, and this drink is not strained through a nut milk bag, though the rest will be): banana, fzn pineapples, fzn mango, comfrey leaves, arugula sprouts, mint, lemon balm water.

wheatgrass juice in water

1 Qt + 1 cup: celery, apple and water

1 Tbsp chlorophyll in water

1/2 Qt: pineapple spinach juice (blended and strained through nut milk bag)

Raspberry leaf infusion (strong tea)

1+ Qt: carrot, cucumber, chard, apples, water, and 1 tsp spirulina


Today I opened up Eckart Tolle's A New Earth for a random quote, this is what it said:

"Give up defining yourself - to yourself and to others."

So here I was yesterday, in my intro, defining myself.

I am not all those things I said yesterday; I just AM.

That will be a little something to ponder.

Also, I plan on adding more supplements: MSM, digestive enzymes, hemp oil, and bee pollen at least. They recommend these and other supplements on www.juicefeasting.com.

You can read what Paul Pitchford says about bee pollen in Healing with Whole Foods, pp. 111-112.

Pitchford recommends trying just a grain on your tongue to test for allergies, which is a great idea because my husband tried a few grains and had a severe allergy!
Care, presence and gratitude.

No comments: