Here's a four leaf clover my friend Tara found in our garden the other day
Yesterday on our walk I found a four leaf clover. And today, weeding in the garden, I saw a five-leaf clover! I took a picture...if it uploads well I'll post it.
Today, we were at Phipps again, taking in all the beautiful sights, and experiencing floods of butterflies (their butterfly room has NEVER been this good). We were outside in their chocolate exhibit when the stroller that had my quarts of juice on it tipped back -- and one of my jars broke! Oh, my precious juice! It was my savory one, too...all mixed with hemp oil and spirulina. I did have another quart of that juice, but without the oil (the oil really yums it up) or spirulina added.
After Phipps we made our rounds: Coop, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and this time we tried to get enough for the whole week. It will certainly save us on gas money, the past two weeks we've been running across town for this or that every other day. Filling up our gas tank cost us $80 now, so one trip a week will be much better. Plus, more time in the garden. We spent $160 on my organic produce plus a couple extra things like bread, cheese, tomato sauce for the family. But we aren't eating out much (Ella still gets lunch at Phipps or Lulu's noodles when we're in Oakland), which hopefully balances out the increase in groceries.
I also did my caloric intake on Fitday again (just to be sure, since I've been so hungry) and I had about 1700 calories, which seems like it ought to be enough. 25% fat (with the 1/4 avocado - which I don't have every day, 1 Tbsp hemp oil and 1 Tbsp coconut oil - without the avo it was still 22% fat), 67% carbs, and 8% protein (34 grams, which is surely enough. Plus, I watched a great video of Tonya Kay talking about the protein question...I put it at the end of this entry. It's awesome.)
(Hey - it is my lucky day! Lime in the Coconut is on the radio right now! I'm listening to WERS's weekend kid's show The Playground - I used to live in Boston; WERS is a public radio station from Emerson College.) Now I feel I should put the video of Kermit the Frog singing this song (it's GREAT!)...but two videos in one entry? I'll have to post it tomorrow...something to look forward to.)
- grapefruit, orange juice with water and 1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyll
- 1qt: watermelon juice with rind, plus 1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyll
- 1 qt: apple, lemon, water and 1 Tbsp liquid chlorophyll
- 1 qt: veggie juice: carrot, celery, cuke, tomato, spinach, sprouts, lemon, cilantro, onion, garlic, pepper
- 1 qt: corn, tomato, pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, lime, lemon balm (huge amount from garden) baby lamb's quarters, sprouts, spinach some apple juice from above, hemp oil, spirulina
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil with bee pollen and honey mixed in
- 1/4 avocado with salt and lemon